Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Design
Last night I had tafe. I really am enjoying it this semester. For those that don't know I'm currently doing my diploma in Information Technology(Website development). I go to tafe on tuesdays and thursday nights after work. I think this subject will be the most fun and interesting one. It's the Design cluster. We are learning about website design. Last week we learnt about site layout and Fonts and colours(never knew Fonts could be so tricky and complicated on webpages). Last night we were learning about structure of websites and how they're put together, whether all pages are consistent etc and whether the websites are clear and easy to find your way around. We learnt about usability and the different things that we need to keep in mind. In particular the usability for people with disabilities etc.

It's really interesting how it makes you look at websites differently. In a way it's bad because it's from a more critical perspective. Like one website in particular looked really great at the beginning but when you started to click on different tabs for another section, the colour would change (which isn't bad if done properly) but the worst thing was that the fonts and styles would change aswell as page structure. It made the site look very messy and it was difficult to know where you were and to get back to where you were. Things that I never really paid alot of attention to before.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be 21. It's come up so fast. Mostly because tafe is so tiring(on-top of full-time work) and I only focus on 1 day at a time. So suddenly here I am and it's like 'Oo it's my birthday tomorrow!'. 21...Thankfully it's a number that's well and truly out of the horrible teen years. I am suppose to go to tafe tomorrow night, but I'm not. There's no way I'm spending my 21st working all day and then at tafe till 10pm. Not my idea of fun. So I'm skipping tafe and having a nice meal(roast chicken mmmm) at home with my parents, brothers, sister and my boyfriend. Then on Saturday I am having a small gathering at lunch time with my other family(Grandparents, uncle's, aunts, cousins) and also some close friends(30 people in total). My bf's parents are also coming. It will be the first time my parents have met his parents etc. I'm sure it will be fine but I think my bf is a bit paranoid about it. He has this thing about not mixing families. I can kind of understand it, but sometimes it's inevitable.

Anyway I'd better get stuck into some work so that I can hopefully have a bludgy day at work tomorrow.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


3 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares