I had a job interview today at a Top Tier Law firm for a Legal PA role. I thought the interview went quite well. The ladies in the interview were very nice and they were impressed by my resume and experience. They told me in the interview that the process going forward from the interview was Coffee with one of the Partners. She is a firm partner for the group I will be in. My boyfriend who's a lawyer says that it's a really good sign if they told me about the next step being Coffee. If they weren't interested then they'd just say 'We will give you a call'. Anyway the HR lady said she would give me a call tomorrow to talk more about it.
I'm hoping that it's a positive sign and that I don't get a call tomorrow saying 'I'm sorry you were unsuccessful'.
I am trying really hard to not think about where I am now and to think of where I want to be. I have been at my current work almost 4 years and I love the company and love the people, but I don't like my job and I don't want to be stuck doing this for another 4 years. If I think about the prospect of leaving then I get emotional. I will miss the place and the people. I don't like letting people down and I know some people will be disappointed. But I have been here 4 years and I finally need to think about what's best for me. What's best for me isn't always going to make others happy. I have many good friends at work that would leave/possibly going to leave to travel for years or to go to a new job. I have many good friends that have left my work for a new job which was in their best interest. And the good friends I have made that have already departed I still keep in contact with and a few here that I will still keep in contact with when I leave.
Anyway I hope things work out. I know that if this isn't the workplace I'm meant to go to, then God must have something better out there for me. I just really want this place to be the place i'm meant to be. hehe



job interview




