Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Hard Decisions
Well as you know by some of my posts I have not been finding work that great lately. I have been here at my current job almost 4 years. I started as a trainee just out of high school. My job is Business Support Coordinator (similar to Personal Assistant) and I look after about 100 staff members spread over 2 floors. I do everything from travel coordination to organising events, formatting large proposals and reports etc. I find it quite rediculous that I am the only Support Staff member for that many people. It makes life difficult at times.

I really do love the company I work for. I feel kind of attached as I've been here since I was only 17. But the deal is that I just no longer enjoy what I do. I don't feel like I'm ever challenged or working to the potential that I'm capable of. I also don't feel like my role is underpaid and under valued in my company and it frustrates me that for such a large company they are so slack at getting other support staff on my floor aswell as support staff for the other ladies working on the other floors. Other Business Support Coordinators have left their jobs in recent months and these positions havn't even been filled yet.

A couple of people have been encouraging me that I should find a new job. Something new and different and somewhere that I can come in as an adult and not still be seen as the 'trainee'.

I am in the process of updating my cv and my boyfriend is helping me do up a cover letter. I have found a few jobs I want to apply for and it is a bit exciting. I havn't made the decision that I'm definately leaving but it can't hurt to see what's out there and perhaps a really great opportunity will come out. I'll go to a few interviews and if I really feel strongly about any of the roles offered then I will make the decision to leave my current work. It's all so incredibly scary. It would be so easy just to stay where I am as it's comfy and I know the ropes, everything is convient and my work is so close to public transport and my boyfriends place. It sounds stupid but I like the little things that make life easier. But I know those are not good enough reasons to stay at a job I don't like. So we'll see.
One of the other things is that I get attached to the friends at my current work and they're the reason I've been here aslong as I have. But at the end of the day if they were in the same position and a good opportunity came along I know that they'd make the decision that was best for them. And I guess it doesn't mean that me leaving results in me losing them as friends. I've had a few friends at work that have left and I'm still friends with them.
I just kind of need to take my heart out of it and think logically about what the best thing to do is. It's just so hard to know whether it's the right thing to stay or the right thing to go. I do love my company as a whole and how do I know if the company I go to will be as great and what if I realise after I've left that I've made a big mistake. It' so Scary.

I'm just going to pray that God opens doors and that he leads me to where I'm meant to go and that he gives me strength and peace in making the right decision.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares