Well I got a phone call from that law firm on Friday and I didn't get the job. The lady said that the role was quite Junior and they believe that I was too experienced/skilled for that role and that they had found a more suitable candidate. She said she believed I was more suitable for a intermediate role. At this law firm you don't need to have legal experience to be a Personal Assistant. They're willing to train you all up in those things. This is very rare for a legal firm. Most of them require Legal experience. Anyway she said that they would be very interested in considering me for a more intermediate role when one comes up in the next month or so. I believe this is quite positive and I guess it's not a bad thing that they'd rather have me in an intermediate position. It means a higher salary.
I also had an interview with a recruitment company this morning. I really wasn't as interested in this but I thought I'd go anyway. You never know what might come out of it. The recruiter specialises in recruiting for the engineering/property etc fields. I'm currently in an engineering firm and as you know I love this company. I guess I'm not as enthusiastic about this as I really really would rather get into the Legal PA role. I really would love to work at this company that interviewed me last week. At the recruitment interview she said that my CV(resume) was really great, and that I was well presented, highly skilled and experienced for my age and that I was their strongest candidate. She mentioned a couple of locations for companies which are close to the city. However they're not in the CBD and I said that I'd prefer it to be in the CBD as it means 1 bus in and 1 bus out in a day and not several bus's. I also need to remain close to the city as it's just accross the river from Tafe(tech college) and I don't want anything that might make it difficult to get to tafe. But she mentioned 1 company she would try me for. I also had to do a typing, word and excel test. I believe my speed was fantastic today(I was nervous that I would be flustered and unable to type quick). I did the word and excel test well.
I guess we'll see what comes out of it. I'm not too enthusiastic about it though. I really would like to be a Legal PA.
Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.
I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!
Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here
Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!
Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Send it here
Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!
Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
job interview
Ten on Tuesday - 10 least favorite celebrities
Kind Blogger Award 08
Errands
Job Applications
10 Favorite Vacation Moments
Pros and Cons list
Hard Decisions
I love my boyfriend
Ten on Tuesday 10 Favorite Movie Characters
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
December 2009
May 2016



Job update


