Monday, July 03, 2006
I just couldn't stay away any longer.
Okay I know I said that I was going to have a break from blogging because I had lost my enthusiasm for it. It’s only been a week, but to be honest I’ve been finding it hard not to blog. I just can’t hold it off any longer. My enthusiasm is definately back, but I plan not to blog as often just for the sake of it. It becomes a chore then and I for one, want to enjoy blogging.

On Friday night I went to youth, which is the first time I’ve been in awhile. I got to see Nicola. Nicola is in the Army and she’s been up here on holiday for two weeks. She went back to her base yesterday, so it was good to see her briefly before she went back. Except I found it hard to have a conversation with her as she was in one of her moods and there’s nothing you can do when you try to make conversation and they just make it difficult. So there was a lot of awkward silences. We’d kind of grown apart before she went to the army anyway, but I was hoping just for a moment things could be the way they use to be. No such luck. But I went and spoke to Alyssa and got to hold little Grace. Grace is almost 6 months old and is making noises and smiling and she’s so cute. Alyssa is glowing. I’ve never seen her so happy. One of her dreams is to be mother so to see it fulfilled is great. Although I know that she wants another 3. lol! I know she can handle it.

On Saturday I went to Janelle and Dan’s wedding. Janelle looked so pretty and it was a beautiful wedding. It was just a small wedding in a small church. But the bridal party was a bit too extravagant. 5 Bridemaids, 5 Groomsmen, 1 flower girl and a page boy. It seems a bit silly to have that many in the bridal party when it’s a small wedding. It seemed like there were more in the bridal party then the people in the pews. For my wedding I’ll only have my sister, my cousin Katia and maybe one good friend. But I’m not going to just have ‘anybody’ just for the sake of numbers. And to be honest If I was getting married now (which I’m not) then I would only have my sister and cousin, because I’m not particularly close to anyone else.
I’m having a few problems with Creche (nursery for children at church) at the moment. It’s not the kids, they’re just as good as ever. But it’s more with the other team. There’s a real lack of communication and I don’t like some of the things they’re incorporating in Creche. I’m the Creche Coordinator and I have no idea what goes on when they do crèche except when I come to check on them after the church service. I think that anything that they want to incorporate should come through me first, just so I can give an honest report to the Senior Pastor if he asks. It is my place to know what they do. For example I found out on Sunday that they’ve been giving the kids paint. I don’t mind paint, it’s a great idea. But they’re using paint and not putting old shirt’s or torn sheets over them to protect their church clothes from getting spoiled. I know the parents wouldn’t appreciate it. And we can’t get smocks for them as we’re still having to take everything to and from church every week (as we’re just renting the SDA church on Sunday’s) and it’s already becoming too much. Half my wardrobe is crèche stuff that I need to cart around. So I can’t handle any more stuff at the moment. There are discussions about getting a cupboard of a large toy box that we can lock. But this could be awhile away even if we get to okay to go ahead with it. And if they had told me what they were doing I could of told them why it wasn’t a good idea at the moment. There’s plenty of other reasons, but I won’t go into it. But I have come up with an idea to fix it. I will be holding a Creche meeting in the next few weeks so that we can sit down, communicate and share ideas. I am going to do up folders with information in it like what kids can and can’t eat for morning teas, what activities they enjoy and a page of tips on what to do in various situations etc. I think I will also put a lollie bag or something with it just to say thanks and to hopefully clear any tension. I’m hoping that throughout this I can also get over my own attitude’s with the other team. Attitude’s are the worst. Last night I got myself worked up about it and got really upset about it. I prayed for God to help me and it was amazing how God works. I couldn’t fall asleep until midnight, because I kept getting all these new and fantastic ideas for Creche and how to make things better between the teams. This morning has been very productive putting these ideas into practise. I think I’m pretty much ready to incorporate more organisation aswell. Organisation doesn’t matter when you have a small amount of kids. But I got scared by all my dis-organisation a few months ago when I had a dream that we suddenly had 40 kids in crèche (with only one leader and one helper) and not 4 like we were having. I realized that I can’t wait for this to happen before things are organised. And it’s a good thing I’ve started making more of any effort as we’ve gone from 4 kids in creche to 13 kids in the last few weeks and I can see that it’s just going to keep growing as the church expands.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares