Tuesday, June 13, 2006
FIFA World Cup: Australia vs. Japan
I have discovered a new enjoyment for soccer. I use to play soccer in high school, but I never got into watching it on TV. But last night I relalised how much I could really get into the game.

Last night Australia was up against Japan in the World Cup. Japan's Shunsuke Nakamura scored a controversial goal under a referee blunder. Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer was clearly impeded by two Japanese players when trying to claim Nakamura's ball from the right. First Atsushi Yanasigawa, then Naohiro Takahara clattered into Schwarzer - the second leaving him prone on the ground - as the ball dropped into an open goal. But the Referee allowed the goal to stand making the Socceroos furious. And in the 84th minute before some majic from Tim Chaill it looked as if Japan would win. I was about ready to go to bed as I was thinking there'd be no way we could win. But in the 84th minute Tim Cahill slammed home following a scramble.

At last it was 1 all. Then Cahill kicked a sweet long shot which cannoned off the post and into the net. This happened just seconds before the clock ticked over to injury time.

It was looking pretty dangerous again as Japan came very close to getting a goal many times in the final minutes which would result in a tie. We needed to win as we have some big games against Brazil and Croatia and we couldn't afford not win this game. But John Aloisi managed to slam another ball into the net. So the score was 3 to 1 in favour of Australia. The crowd was estatic. The games still had a few seconds of injury time, but we knew we had won. We just had to wait for the ref to give the final whistle.

This is a fantastic start for the socceroos who for the first time won a match in the World Cup finals.

Australia now plays soccer stars Brazil in its game in Munich on June 18, before Croatia in Stuttgart on June 22.

I realized that even in the last few minutes you can't predict who will win the game. Those 3 goals just happened and it was incredible. I'm really glad I stayed up till 1.30am till the end of the game. I have decided that Soccer will be my game. I can never fully get into other sports. I can't watch cricket and I only ever watch League when it's Wallabees versus All Blacks. I only watch NRL when it's state of origin. So I'm excited that I can enjoy Soccer.

GO THE SOCCEROOS
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares