It's friday. I love fridays.
The End of last week and the beginning of this week were so busy at work. Today feels like it's going to be just as busy.
Last night unfortunately I went to tafe. Usually this isn't unfortunate as I am really enjoying this semesters subjects. Yesterday after work was a going away dinner for one of the girls from work that's going away for a year on a working holiday. I said that I couldn't make it because I had tafe. I really should of gone instead of tafe. Tafe last night was frustrating and boring. We have a different teacher on thursday nights then we do on tuesday nights. The thursday night teacher is lovely, but to be honest I find her boring. And last night I found her particularily frustrating. She spent most of the time mucking around trying to get the computer, laptop, project, sound or internet working and I just felt like screaming. Teachers should be more organised and get to class 10 minutes earlier and make sure everything is working. We were told at the beginning that it would be a short class...but we didn't finish much earlier. This was because of the computer illiterate teacher. You would think to be a teacher for a computer based course you'd have to be good with computers. I am one of these people that likes to learn one thing after another. I dislike it when we're told something, then it gets interupted with mulfunctioning computers or something unrelated to the course documents...it results in me getting extremely bored and distracted and losing all interest in anything that's being said by the teacher. I wish I had gone to dinner with my work mates instead. But oh well...
In news with the jobs. Not much is happening. I got in contact with a recruiter which has proved to me more hassel then not. The recruiter is so pushy and she doesn't listen to me. I asked for a job in the city. So she comes back with jobs outside and around the city...which are way too difficult to get to. Yesterday she says 'I have a job that's closer to home'. It turned out it was Murrarie which is out near the airport and I'd have to take the gateway motorway. The Gateway is worse then the pacific highway I take into the city. She was trying to tell me it would be 15 minutes max driving. I know that to be a lie as it takes me half an hour to get out that way not at peak hour. In peak hour it would take twice as long. She just didn't know how to take no for an answer. In the end I just said 'Look, I would prefer it to be in the city as it's 1 bus in and 1 bus out and my Tafe is only across the river and a 20 minute walk. I told her I was more interested in legal PA roles and so far she hasn't brought me any of those, just heaps of ones that I'm not interested in. You might think that I'm being to picky. But I am already in a company that I love etc. I want to change jobs as I believe that I'm capable of alot more then what I'm getting in my current job and I am well underpaid. So I'm not just going to leave my job for any other job. It has to be a great job, at a great company.
I really am hoping so much that an intermediate position at that top tier law firm comes up. I would really love to work there. I mentioned that one the other week. I went for the Graduate Legal personal assistant role, but they said that they though I am too skilled and experienced for that role and that they though I'd be more suited to an intermediate role. The Graduate PA role was more for someone out of high school. Someone to do all the crappy jobs. I did that sort of thing when I started at my current company 4 years ago so I guess I would prefer not to do it again. I guess I was just really wanting to get my foot in the door. A few other law firms I've applied for won't even look at my application because I have zero legal experience. Whereas this one company said that they're willing to train PA's into all things legal no matter what level you come in. I am tempted to send the HR manager and email and just ask if there's any positions available, but it's only been 2 weeks and I don't want to seem too desperate.
Anyway I have heaps of work to do, so I'd better go and do that.
Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.
I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!
Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here
Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!
Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Send it here
Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!
Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photos
Sorry
I'm 21 - It's my birthday
Design
Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things to Do When It’s Too Hot...
Job update
job interview
Ten on Tuesday - 10 least favorite celebrities
Kind Blogger Award 08
Errands
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
December 2009
May 2016



Friday finally


