Thursday, February 07, 2008
Stuck in a rut but fearful of change
It's thursday. This means that tomorrow is Friday and that 5pm tomorrow night will be the beginning of the weekend. This week is the first 5 day week I've had since I started back at work since my Christmas break. It feels like this week has being foinf for forever. No public holidays, no sick days....just 1 day after another for 5 days. 5 days of being at work and mostly just twidling my thumbs. Atleast this morning I had some photocopying to do and there has been whispers of some potential work this afternoon and tomorrow.

This seems to be the things that's getting me down lately. There's nothing worse then being at work when there's not a whole lot to do. It allows way too much time to think and get depressed and it makes to days feel like they go on and on and on. I am one of these people who loves things busy. I love it when I'm busy and have more challenging things to do then just your average admin jobs. These things make the day go fast and I seem to thrive and produce my best work under pressure/deadlines. It's that feeling when you leave work and you feel as if you've contributed in some way.

I have been at my job 3 years now working in the same department. Perhaps it's time for a change. I'd like the idea of possibly going into the marketing department. It is something that was presented before me July last year but due to management changes in the Marketing group everything was up in the air and I was told to not hold my breath. Now things have settled in marketing and I wish so much that they would come back to me. I am doing my Diploma course in something that I love, but I will not complete that for another 2 years, but I do not think that I can hold out in my currentposition for another 2 years. In saying that I absolutely love my company. I love the people and I have friends around me where I am. So it's somewhat of a challenge for me to think outside my box and contemplate the idea of moving or change. But I think that perhaps it would be a good idea to think more about my career then the people around me. I'm sure that if the people around me were given the opportunity to do something bigger and better they wouldn't hesitate.

My boyfriend also gave me the idea of just simply changing groups. Being a secretary for another department. Different departments do different things and it would certainly keep me on my toes for a bit and help me to develop my knowledge or the company. I really just need a challenge because right now I'm just bored.

Anyway I'll stop complaining. Everything in my life is good and work would even be good if it were just a bit busier.

Anywho I am going to go search for something work related to do.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


0 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares