Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Cocktail Function
On Monday night I went to a cocktain function. It was to raise awareness of violence against women. There's this massive campaigne in Australia that is promoting 'Australia says no to violence against women'. The reason I got to go to this event is because my company is a major contributer to the CEO Challenge which basically runs women's shelters. CEO Challenge is one of our charities. I am on the young professionals team and have been involved in organised events which raise money for this cause. This is why I was invited.

It was nice to be invited and recognised for the hard work. As it's volunteer work, you just do it. You don't expect anything from it. But it is nice when you do get acknowledged.

It was a good evening. They had an auction to raise more money for the cause. Andrew O'Keefe from the TV show 'Deal or No Deal' was there and we were lucky enough meet him, get a photo taken with him and just talk for about 15 minutes. He's a very nice guy.

That's my excitement.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares