Monday, July 10, 2006
Youth Camp = God + fun + Marriage Proposals + possible births
Youth Camp was great. The guest preacher was great. He was funny and lots of fun to have around. He is only a young guy himself at 24.

Everything about the camp was fantastic. Lets start with the accommodation. The girls had great little cabins, which fit about 6 people. However there was plenty of rooms and so there was only 3 people in our cabin. This was quite nice and comfortable as you didn’t have to worry about tripping over luggage. We spread out our stuff. All the top bunks were free. It’s funny how when you’re younger you fight over the top bunk, then as you get older the bottom bunk seems like a better option. I myself find it hard to get down from the top bunk once I’m up there. The rooms also had heaters, so we were very comfortable at night time, but the best part was definitely that we had our own ensuite. The mirror is huge and you can easily fit three girls infront of it. However I understand that the boys accommodation wasn’t so great. Last year at the camp, the boys had the dorms that we were staying in this year. But this year their was more people and not as much room for everyone to be in dorms around the main dining and meeting area. So the boys were about 500 meters away and the slackers drove their cars back and forward, because they didn’t want to walk the whole way. They also had communal bathrooms.

The food was also awesome. Bacon, Eggs and Hash browns for breakfast one morning, pancakes the next as well as the ususal selection of fruit, yogurt and cerals (They had like6 types of cereals including coco pops) and can’t forget the chocolate nilk. Lunch consisted of Pizza one day the foccocia’s the next as well as fruit platter. And afternoon tea and supper consisted of massive chocolate chocolate chip cookies and chocolate muffins and tim tams.

The meeting were awesome and God moved. There was a real anointing and I for one definitely had God work in my life. I would go into details, but it’s just too personal to share here. I’ve only talked about it with God and my closest friends at the camp. The praise and worship was great and many lives were touched and changed. One of the young boys in our youth wrote a song for the camp. It was such an anointed song and to think that a 15 year old wrote it was amazing.

My friend Bess was very pregnant and still went on the camp. The due date was yesterday and a lot of people wanted her to go into labour at the camp, as it would of made for a great story. But Bess was like ‘No, I want my mum’. Bess is only 19 and I would freak out if she went into labour at camp.

There is this girl called Marianne and we met each other about 1 year ago, but we didn’t really know each other. But she happened to come across my blog a few months ago and she sent me an email in regards to one of my posts. After that we just started emailing regularly. So regular that we emailed daily and our emails would be so long and we told each other everything pretty much. I’ve never met someone so easy to talk to. But on Friday night I met her for the first time in person since we’d gotten close by emailing. It was so weird and we weren’t sure what to do. We’d just kind of stand there smiling at each other and she’d be like ‘This is so weird, to be honest I was fully nervous to meet you’ and it was the same for me. We already knew so much about each other, but things are always different face to face. We had a great time though and had plenty of chances to hang out.

But things were so exciting for Marianne at camp that you’d hardly believe me if I told you. She has been going out with this guy Andrey for two or three years now and she told me in an email that they’d talked about it and she knew they’d be getting engaged soon. But nobody expected (not ever Marianne) what happened on Saturday night. Andrey and Marianne are quite into the hip hop scene and a few years ago they started a clothing brand and now have their own company. Anyway, they also have a band and Andrey wrote a song for Marianne. He got up at the Saturday night meeting and they did a few songs. But then Andrey stayed on stage and started to talk. We thought he was giving his testimony or something because he was quite teary and it took him awhile to get it together. Then when he started talking about a song he’d written for Marianne I knew what was going on. I was so shocked and excited. So Andrey put the song on and he sang along to it what he could. The song is about Marianne and Andrey and one line was ‘I’ve got one life, want to spend it with you. I got one life.’ The rest is blurry. At the end of the song he got down on one knee and proposed to Marianne right there in front of everyone. Offcourse Marianne said yes. It was so awesome and poor Marianne was getting swamped by people. She said her head was spinning and that she needed to be by herself just to think over what had just happened. She was numb and I’m shore she would have been like ‘What just happened’. It was so awesome and I’m so happy for Andrey and Marianne.

CONGRATULATIONS MARIANNE AND ANDREY!!!

I have many more things to say about camp, but I’ll spread it out over the week. This post is already too long.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares