Thursday, July 06, 2006
GO THE MAROONS!!
Last night was the third and final game of the State of Origin. For all those who havn't read my previous post about State of Origin I will explain it to you.

State of Origin is NRL(National Rugby League). Every year there is a State of Origin that consists of a set of 3 games. In these games the Queensland Maroons (where i live and my team) verses the New South Wales Blues. For those that know nothing about Australia, New South Wales and Queensland are states right next to each other. We're rivals when it comes to State of Origin. The three games are on a wednesday night and spread over a few weeks. It varies every year, but this year it was 3 weeks in between each game. Whoever wins 2 of the three games are the winners and gets the State of Origin Trophy. The last 4 years NSW has been the winners and last year the third game was the decider and I got to be at the game, but it was a pathetic game and it seemed like the Maroons didn't even try. But this year after a long drought we have won the State of Origin. NSW won the first game, we won the second game and last night was the decider.

Queensland got off to a great start with a sweet try (a try rewards 4 points and if you convert the try you get another two points. To convert a try someone kicks the ball through the goal posts. If it goes through it's two points), but we didn't convert it. Then the blues got a try. Oh how exciting it was when Queensland looked like they got another try. This was very sad however. It went to the video referee who decided it wasn't a try because of a bit of a fumble that happened 20 metres back. The try should of been rewarded and the Maroon's spirits were slightly dwindled for a moment. The blues scored another try and then the score was 14 to 4 with NSW in the lead. Then in the last 5 minutes Queensland converted another try and we were up to 10 points. And would you believe, with only 5 minutes on the clock we converted another try and the score was 16 to 14 and we were winning. We kept the Blues from scoring and we won the game. It was so great. I'm so happy and it also means that I can where my Maroon's shirt to youth camp this weekend.

Youth Camp is this weekend. It's going to be so awesome. I am looking forward to seeing my friends and meeting new people. But most of all I'm looking forward to what God will do in my life. Every year, every camp I always come away with a real touch from God. I'm eager to see what he does this year, not only in my life, but in the life of the youth group.

So Brazil are out of the FIFA world cup now and yesterday Italy wipped Germany's butts. So I'm going for Italy now. I think they're in the finals.

Well I'm at work and had better look like I'm doing something productive. Spider Solitare is so fun. lol! No seriously I'd better go. If I don't blog tomorow I will after camp and let you know how it went.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


1 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares