Monday, November 17, 2008
Scary Storms
Work has been nice and busy lately. Luckily today is a quieter day and I am having time to catch up on alot of neglected work from the last few weeks.

My weekend was good. It was sooo hot and a great weekend for swimming. My family and Jono's parents came over to Jono's apartment for a BBQ. We set up around the swimming pool at the BBQ area. It was such lovely weather for it.

Yesterday after church Jono and I drove out to DFO out near the airport. DFO is like factory outlets with cheap clothes. One of Jono's mates said there was a sale with lots of dress's for $5 and $10. There wasn't really alot there to be honest. We are thinking maybe she meant the other DFO out at Jindalee. I did get a few cheap summer shirts though which is nice. My summer wear seems to of diminished significantly since last year and I have no idea how.

When we got back to Jono's apartment we decided to go swimming because it was so stinking hot. The pool was very refreshing. Later in the afternoon there was a huge storm that ripped through the Gold Coast, Logan and Brisbane. The storm started at about 4pm and it was amazing watching it from Jono's apartment. You could barely see the Kangaroo clifts across the river. The sky was green, lighting was blinding and the thunder was so loud. I waited at Jono's until about 6pm when the storm has mostly finished. But during the 20 minute drive down the main freeway I hit another bad patch of the storm. The rain was poring down so much that I couldn't even see through my windscreen. It was quite scary and was driving about 60km/h in a 100km/h zone. It was just too dangerous to go any faster. Luckily the bad patch only lasted about 5 minutes.

There was alot of damage from the storm. 75000 homes were without power and Jono's parents lost a shed that was in their backyard and were still without power this morning. His brother who lives out on a farm at samford is also without power and had lots of fallen powerlines around. There was one death from the storm. a young 20 year old guy got swept off in rising waters while taking photographs of the storm. It's quite sad. Luckily my parents house was unscathered. Some areas had hail stones the size of tennis balls. Various parts of the train lines were also out of service because the lines were down. They had to use buses instead.

Well I'm going to lunch now. Bye
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


0 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares