Friday, October 24, 2008
I'm still alive
It has been awhile since I posted. Work has been so busy. I probably shouldn't be posting now as I have heaps to do, but I'm making time. I should have time this arvo to visit all of you.

I'm so glad today is Friday. Not just because it's the day before the weekend, but because I feel sick and need my weekend. I got sick last Saturday and I'm still sick. I had Monday through to Wednesday off work. I was feeling better yesterday then I had the days earlier, but not 100%. I just couldn't use up any more sick leave days. I'm already well into the negatives due to have 2 weeks sick leave at the beginning of the year due to having Glandular Fever. It has paid off though that up until this year I had only used 2 or 3 out of my 10 yearly sick days. So this means that I had like 3 years accumulated sick leave. Ofcourse now I have used up most of my sick days next year. And this is bad as I am not necessarily planning on being hear a whole nother year so it will eat into the my Left over Annual Leave payout when I do leave. I was sick with the Flu and the doctor mentioned Sinus. I don't think I've had Sinus's before. While I am feeling better then I was, it has totally knocked out my sleeping habits and find it incredibly hard to sleep at night. So I lie awake for hours and wake up the next morning with one of those sleepy headache's you get from having a poor nights sleep. I will hopefully start to feel better in the next few hours. Generally by afternoon I feel great.

In other things. I am more decided in what I want to do job wise. I will stay at my current workplace and the next job I will get will be in Web Design. Web Design is what I'm doing my tafe course in. It's what I enjoy doing and what I dream of doing for a job. I have always been creatively inclined and so to be able to work in a job where I can really use my talent and build my knowledge of the industry and all things Web Design/Development would be a dream come true. It's something that I never really thought about seriously until the last couple of years. It's always been something that I've been interested in. I remember when I was in primary school and going on the internet in our lunch breaks was a huge novelty. I remember being so amazed at webpages and how they were designed. And of course since then technology has gone in leaps and bounds and it amazes me. I love it all. I never considered the possibility of doing it for a job. The thing that got me all excited and interested in wanting to work in web design was when one of my tafe teachers sent out a job position to the class. It got my mind working and it made me realise I would really love to work in a job doing that. I have a couple of contacts in the industry who have helped me learn and they say that I have talent and were amazed at the site I had created for my tafe assignment. One thing I need to work on though is getting away from the 'blog' look when designing websites and making them look more professional and business like. I would absolutely love to design for blogs, but I can't do this for a full time job. I need to grow and broaden my capabilities.

You're going to think I'm strange but I'm rediscovering lego. I use to love lego when I was a kid and my brother and i would spend hours and hours building things. I remember one christmas my parents got me a girly lego set. It was the best, especially since I was a girly girl. It was the Lego Paradisa Cabana Beach set. Eventually though lego seems to evaporate into thin air and I only have bits and pieces left. So last week I went online and somehow came across this awesome site http://www.bricklink.com/. They had my Cabana Beach aswell as many many others in the Paradisa lego range. So I bought a couple of the sets. They're coming from the US and I just can't wait. I know I'm a strange, but that's who I am. I guess I like things from when I was little. Brings lots of good memories. When the lego comes I am going to clear off some space in my bookcase and set it up. I might just have to put away some of my barbie dolls (haha).
Anyway I'd better get back to more mature things such as work.

Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


6 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares