Well I'm back at work this morning after quite a good long weekend.
On Saturday Jono and I were planning on going to mt tamborine for the day but the weather was not looking the best in the morning. It wasn't poring with rain, but the sky was gray and it was the kind of day where you didn't feel like doing a whole lot. My brother's and sister still went on their youth camp which I'm glad for. But instead of Jono and I going to mt tamborine we decided to go look at apartments in the city. Saturday ususally have open times for the public. Jono wanted to show me why he bought the apartment he did and how his 1 bedroom apartment is bigger then others in the city and why he decided to buy what he did. We saw alot of nice apartments, but the most spectacular was when we headed up to Skyline. Skyline is situated right on the river and from the very first moment you walk into the foyer you realise what an amazing building it is. The agent took us up to see this incredible 3 bedroom apartment. The owners has taken out the 3rd bedroom and turned it into more open space with a bar. It was furnished with creams and reds and it looked really classy. It had a large balcony with a great view of the city, river and bridge. Going at $1.4 milllion, it certainly isn't cheap. It really was the most beautiful apartment I've ever seen. Well it was the most beautiful apartment until Jono asked if it was possible to go up and see the penthouse(just for interest sakes). The penthouse left me speechless. It was on the 46th floor and had 270 degree views of the river and city. It was so huge with large living areas and 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms spread over two levels. The second level was big enough to be a house on it's own. The master bedroom was humongous with two gigantic walk in wardrobes(my favourite part) and 2 ensuites(his and her bathrooms). The penthouse was furnished beautifully with blacks and creams. All this for a price of $5.5 million. It was so fun just seeing these beautiful places. Palaces in the sky I call them.
Saturday night Jono and I watched The chronicles of Narnia: The lion, witch and the wardrobe. Jono hadn't seen it yet and I wanted him to see it before we went and saw the second one which has just recently come out in cinemas. It's a great movie to see on the big screen. All the scenery and landscapes are so beautiful.
On Sunday my parents and grandparents came over to see Jono's apartment and to have afternoon tea. We made piklets with jam and whipped cream. I whipped the cream and was very excited about this as it's the closest I've come to cooking in a very long time. haha

Then yesterday was the public holiday (Queens Birthday). Jono and I went to the movies with his parents to see Sex and the city. Jono's mother loved the tv show. I'd never seen it and must admit I've never been to interested to see it. But the movie looked good from the previews and it certainly lived up to expectations. I really did quite enjoy it. I love the whole thing about 4 woman who are great friends that are always there for each other. It was a good chick flick.
I then had an early night as I needed to get up earlier then normal this morning to go to the gym. I was on the 6.22am bus into the city to use the gym at Jono's apartment. I am planning on doing atleast a good half-hour gym session every morning until my birthday(still 2 months away) as I want to shed some kilos that seemed to of creeped back on in the last month. It's so weird. Last year I lost 12 kilos (to get to my healthy goal weight) over about 6 months by eating well and going to the gym. This year so far I havn't been going to the gym or eating well and have had health challenges(with glandular fever and astma) but I still managed to maintain my weight for a few months...then suddenly in a couple of weeks it kind of jumps back on. It's enough to freak me out and send me running for the gym again. I forgot how great I always feel after exercising. It's a really good feeling.
On Saturday Jono and I were planning on going to mt tamborine for the day but the weather was not looking the best in the morning. It wasn't poring with rain, but the sky was gray and it was the kind of day where you didn't feel like doing a whole lot. My brother's and sister still went on their youth camp which I'm glad for. But instead of Jono and I going to mt tamborine we decided to go look at apartments in the city. Saturday ususally have open times for the public. Jono wanted to show me why he bought the apartment he did and how his 1 bedroom apartment is bigger then others in the city and why he decided to buy what he did. We saw alot of nice apartments, but the most spectacular was when we headed up to Skyline. Skyline is situated right on the river and from the very first moment you walk into the foyer you realise what an amazing building it is. The agent took us up to see this incredible 3 bedroom apartment. The owners has taken out the 3rd bedroom and turned it into more open space with a bar. It was furnished with creams and reds and it looked really classy. It had a large balcony with a great view of the city, river and bridge. Going at $1.4 milllion, it certainly isn't cheap. It really was the most beautiful apartment I've ever seen. Well it was the most beautiful apartment until Jono asked if it was possible to go up and see the penthouse(just for interest sakes). The penthouse left me speechless. It was on the 46th floor and had 270 degree views of the river and city. It was so huge with large living areas and 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms spread over two levels. The second level was big enough to be a house on it's own. The master bedroom was humongous with two gigantic walk in wardrobes(my favourite part) and 2 ensuites(his and her bathrooms). The penthouse was furnished beautifully with blacks and creams. All this for a price of $5.5 million. It was so fun just seeing these beautiful places. Palaces in the sky I call them.
Saturday night Jono and I watched The chronicles of Narnia: The lion, witch and the wardrobe. Jono hadn't seen it yet and I wanted him to see it before we went and saw the second one which has just recently come out in cinemas. It's a great movie to see on the big screen. All the scenery and landscapes are so beautiful.
On Sunday my parents and grandparents came over to see Jono's apartment and to have afternoon tea. We made piklets with jam and whipped cream. I whipped the cream and was very excited about this as it's the closest I've come to cooking in a very long time. haha

Then yesterday was the public holiday (Queens Birthday). Jono and I went to the movies with his parents to see Sex and the city. Jono's mother loved the tv show. I'd never seen it and must admit I've never been to interested to see it. But the movie looked good from the previews and it certainly lived up to expectations. I really did quite enjoy it. I love the whole thing about 4 woman who are great friends that are always there for each other. It was a good chick flick.
I then had an early night as I needed to get up earlier then normal this morning to go to the gym. I was on the 6.22am bus into the city to use the gym at Jono's apartment. I am planning on doing atleast a good half-hour gym session every morning until my birthday(still 2 months away) as I want to shed some kilos that seemed to of creeped back on in the last month. It's so weird. Last year I lost 12 kilos (to get to my healthy goal weight) over about 6 months by eating well and going to the gym. This year so far I havn't been going to the gym or eating well and have had health challenges(with glandular fever and astma) but I still managed to maintain my weight for a few months...then suddenly in a couple of weeks it kind of jumps back on. It's enough to freak me out and send me running for the gym again. I forgot how great I always feel after exercising. It's a really good feeling.



Palaces in the Sky




