Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Camping at Thunderbird Park
I am on holiday. I have a whole week off from work. It is great as it's giving me time to catch up with some of my friends that are now Mum's and to also finish getting everything out of storage. Work was getting crazy and I needed some time away to clear my mind. It was also a long weekend so I only had to use 4 days Annual Leave and it means having almost 10 days off work(taking into account weekends...).

On friday we only had a half day at work as it was the Brisbane office's 70th birthday celebration. We had a huge celebration lunch at the convention centre with about 850 people there. We enjoyed a 3 course meal and beverages...all provided by the company. We were then allowed to take the rest of the day off.

Saturday was the day my youth group set off on our very first camping adventure together. Their was 17 of us. We went to Thunderbird park in Mt.Tamborine. It was quite cold as we were in the forest and winter had decided to bring on a cold snap this weekend. We all arrived at camp and got stuck into setting up the tents. We had alot of free time on saturday to explore. We were camping right next to the creek which was great. We ventured up the creek by stepping from one rock to another.

Night time was always the funnest. We had the most humongous camp fire and we all sat around it talking, tellings jokes, stories and just having fun. We toasted marshmellow's until our hearts were content. We also stayed up very late. My friend and I snuck into the boys tent and shook talcum poweder over everything....It was funny. But it made us paranoid for the rest of the camp and we kept our tents padlocked at all times. The second night some of us girls snuck into the boys tent and just talked and joked around. We didn't go to bed til 2am.

On Sunday we went to the markets at the showground and brought some interesting objects.

On Monday just before we left we were going on a 'supposedly' 15 minute walk. Well that was the lie the my youth pastor told anyone. We ended up walking for 3 hours. We walked up massive hills that went forever and had to go back because we got lost(thanks to our youth pastor). It was a total screw up. Everyone else seemed to fine except me. My Asthma was playing up and I was tired from lack of sleep and I'm really not a hiking girl. I'm a girl that goes to the gym but that's the extent of my physical adventureness. Anyway me and my friend Dill were behind everyone else. She probably could of kept up with the group, but she was lovely enough to stay with me. I took regular breaks. At one point we lost the group and were left trecking through the bush on our own not having any clue where we were. We eventually saw a house and a road and decided that if we walked to the road we would eventually find our way back to camp. As we headed towards this property we saw dogs. One of the dogs actually came out of the fence and started barking at us came a little too close for comfort. It was scary and we really thought that this dingo would attack us. So we stood still like a Statue for ages and eventually started to walk backwards very slowly. When we were a considerable distance away from the dog and it had stopped barking, we quickly ducked over into thick bush beside the property and started our slow descent down this mountain. Eventually we heard our youth pastor calling for us. I was not very happy at all. But by this time Dill and I had made our own fun and aparantly being lost and exausted in the bush made us slightly loopy. Aparantly it was then that everything seemed like the most hilarious thing in the world. It was so funny. And when we finally got back to the group we were laughing histerically and they were all looking as us strangely. So it turned out to be alot of fun.

The boys never really played pranks on us despite our expectations. I did discover upon my return home that my youth pastor had put a open bag of flour in my bag which was just wonderful. Luckily it did not spill very much.

I was very happy though to get home to have a hot shower and crawl into a comfy bed. I still reak of camp fire smoke....despite numerous showers. Hopefully by the end of the week my hair will no longer smell like an ash tray.

Labels: , , , ,

Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares