Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Update
Hello Everyone.

I am sorry I have not been around. I really have neglected the blog as of late. Thank you for your comments and for your nice comments and messages on facebook. I love hearing how you're all doing.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. So much has happened in 6 months. 3 months until the wedding. The clock is ticking now and I really can't believe how quickly time is going. It is so exciting, but also scary because the to do list before now and then is quite overwhelming. Never mind, my fiance is a lawyer and so he's good at making sure things are organised so they go smoothly on the day. He did up a task document with person responsible and date due for each item. We are just working our way through it.

We bought a new apartment. The 1 bedder apartment that H2B owned was just a bit too small for the both of us and without a carpark was proving to be a challenge. So we found a great 2 bed, 2 bad + car and storage space in the same building. We put his 1 bedder back in the rental pool instead of selling it. Rental income is great at the moment, and as he was on a fixed interest rate, it has worked out cheaper to rent it and buy another property. I love the new place. I get my own bathroom. I have decorated it with my pink things. I can't wait until I get to live there after we're married in October. It has so much more space and a decent closet for all my clothes and shoes.

I have learnt to cook and now have a few basic meals under my belt aswell as 1 big cooking disaster where I put brown rice in my $40 tupperware rice cooker in the microwave for too long and it burnt through the bottom.

In other things. I've lost about 8 kg's now(17.6 pounds). I want to lost another 5kg's (11 pounds) before the wedding. I have like only 2 months to do that as I have to have my wedding dress fitting. The problem is that I keep getting sick whenever I start up my exercise. I went to the doctor and it's possible I have an iron deficiency. I have to get a blood test next Monday. I am hoping that is it so that I can get iron tablets and fix this problem. I have so much motivation and drive to lose the next 5 kilos but I don't have the health for it. I just want to be normal and not get sick every couple of weeks.

Sims 3 came out June 4th. I have to say that I was slightly disappointed with it. But once you play Sims 3 there's no going back to Sims 2. The biggest drama for me in Sims 2 was the load times between starting the game and moving to different lots in the town. In Sims 3 it's all open and no loading screens. And it takes like 40 seconds for the game to load up as apose to 10 minutes as the old game did. I think the thing that disappoints me is that even though they have these awesome customisation tools now, there's less objects and less clothing / hair choices etc to choose from. You can buy points and download some from the website. But why should I have to buy to download more content when I paid $120 AU for the collector edition when it came out. It seems like a bit of a rip off to me. But like I said, once you sample Sims 3 there really is no return for the Sims 2.

The economic downturn really hurt my company hard in February. We retrenched 10% of our staff (600 globally and 100 in my office). It was quite a difficult time. And it still is. I don't want to bitch and moan because I know I am lucky to have a job. And I certainly would prefer to work here then not have a job, but I think that sometimes Management use these times to boost their profits by freezing pay. This last 2 years I have been working my arse off to prove that after 5 years of working here, that I deserve to be recognised for the job I do and that I shouldn't be at the same job/pay level now as I was 5 years ago when I started. And finally it was looking like this was the year I finally got the pay that I deserved for someone of my experience etc. And then they go and freeze pay. So as you can imagine staff morale is low and many people including myself really stuggle some days to find the motivation and drive to get through yet another day here. It's depressing when you know your company is ripping you off. But ofcourse what can you do about it at the moment. Nothing. It's not as easy to find another job now as it was 18 months ago. Anyway sorry. I just had to get that out. That's the end of my bitch and moan about work. To change my work problems I am looking at starting my own Virtual Assistance business and work remotely for clients from home. It's my dream job, I have 5 years experience and I can start working and getting paid more on top of what I get now at my job. It's a good time to be looking at future goals. I am looking at being up and running and client ready either after H2B and I get back from the honeymoon or early in the new year.

I look forward to stopping by your blogs and seeing how you're all going.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


3 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares