Monday, March 13, 2006
Notes of wisdom from Shirley Temple for a Stereotypical Monday!
I have a question???

Why is it that Mondays are always the worst? Like who tells the bus to arrive late on Mondays? And who decides that Monday will be a frustrating day at work. And who decides that everything that can possibly go wrong, goes wrong on a Monday. It seems that even today, not even Peach Ice Tea can make my Monday morning enjoyable.

It was however a good morning when I was blessed by being the blog of the day on Cowboy Joe's blog. That was cool. It made me smile. It was a good Monday morning until it came to waiting for 15 minutes(feels like hours) in the blinding sun for the Bus who is always late anyway, but decides to come even later today. Then I get to work late and there’s no emails that I can procrastinate on to ease into the week. And no work either.....

I am not the busiest person since the senior secretary came back. In the last week I have sat here bored out of my brain doing non chargeable jobs that I invent for myself. This morning is no different.

I am thinking that today would be better if I had slept better last night. It seemed like hours and hours I spent trying to get to sleep. I think I fell asleep eventually around 12.30 (really late for me) and I had a disturbed sleep full of twisted dreams. I guess I just had too much energy. I will be waking up at 5am to do excersie tomorow.

I have also decided that even though it is extremely quiet at work, I will not spend time blogging. This will be me last post for the week that comes while I’m at work.

Well I still have a few mouthfuls of Peach tea left and perhaps it may just be those last drops that I need.

I hope your Monday is great. I really am going to make a conscious effort to smile today. It may make my day better and may even make someone else’s day happier.

I hope this post doesn’t depress you. It has made me feel better letting it out in some way. So please be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!! And SMILE SMILE SMILE!!!
Just to help you and myself turn that frown into a smile I have included the lyrics from a Shirley Temple song. If I could figure out how to add sound clips I’d add it, but i can't figure it out, so I won't.

You got to S.M.I.L.E to be H.A.P.P.Y sung by Child star actress Shirley Temple. (song is over 75 years old, so there's some words I don't understand, but you get the idea)

If something may upset you
Don't ever let it get you down
Don't wear a frown

If fortune should forsake you
Don't ever let it make you sigh
Keep shooting high.

Be a crooner, not a groaner, never kick
Here's a spelling lesson that will do the trick

You've got to S-M-I-L-E
To be H-A-Double-P-Y
Keep it in mind when you're blue
It's easy to spell and just as easy to do
You gotta S-M-I-L-E
It's gonna help considerably.
Just keep your chin up and give it a try
And you'll find silver lined clouds in the sky
You've gotta S-M-I-L-E
To be H-A-Double-P-Y

Ladies and gentlemen, just for fun
I'd like to sing this song again
The way it would be done, by...
Al Jolson, Eddie Cantor, and last but not least
That swingable pair: Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire
You've gotta S-M-I-L-E, Oh like the birdies,
Birdies birdies up in the trees..
Pretty flowers, April showers, my Mammy
Life is divine at a quarter to nine

You've simply gotta S-M-I-L-E
'Cos Potatoes are cheaper you see
I won't spend a nickel
I won't spend a sou
I just want to spend one hour with you
(kiss)(kiss)(kiss) S-M-I-L-E
Parkyakarkus with Ida, Mammy!

God Bless you today!
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


4 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares