Monday, February 27, 2006
Camp America
Have you heard of Camp America?

Well I heard about Camp America last week. It's a program where they take on staff from other countries for their summer vacation camps. They have a whole company designed especially for placing Australians into these camps. Not only do you get a taste of America, but you work alongside them and meet other people from other countires that have also travelled to this camp. You stay at camp for a minimum of 9 weeks any time outside of that can be spent travelling and do whatever you want. You also get paid for the time you spend at Camp America. And Camp America has some deals set up with Harvey World Travel so that we can get dirt cheap air fares.

I know of a few people that have gone to this camp and aparantly really good. One girl I know actually got to speak to John Travolta as he dropped his son off at vacation camp. There is also plenty of forums talking about it. You can get some visa where you can stay in the US for up to 4 months with a 30 day grace period. There's so many raving reviews about it that I can't help being more then a little interested. Infact I'm so interested that sometime I think about it so much that I convince myself that I'm going and then I get really nervous and my heart beats faster at how scary the thought of travelling all that way on my own.

I'd love to enjoy the experience with someone, but I can't think of anyone who would go. I have also read on forums that over the 9 week you get to know the other international counselors well and that you may end up traveling around with them.

There is also Christian Summer Camps that you can be placed in.

I think about it so much that I've had trouble sleeping. I just can't stop thinking about it. I'm not even sure if my parents would want me to go. They know that I've been reading up alot about it and they havn't discouraged me about it or anything. I guess if Mum reads this then she may talk to me about it tonight. I will have to save up alot of money and I'll have to organise to get 4 to 5 months of work. Which I'm sure shouldn't be a problem, because there's alot of young people at GHD who go off travelling and who come back afterwards. They're very good about understanding the needs and dreams of individual staff members and there personal lives. Infact in my first interview they talked about this sort of thing. And since it's such a large company it wouldn't be hard to hire a temp. I was thinking of going either 2007 or 2008. That should give me enough time to save. My first priority at the moment is getting my license and a car. I need to save alot for that before I save for anything else.

I just can't stop thinking about it. I guess if Mum and Dad tell me that I can't go, then I'll have to stop thinking about it. But if they also think it's a good idea (I know would want to do it herself) then I guess I'll be going. I get so nervous when I think of going. But it's on my mind so much that I don't think I could forget it. My cousin may also be doing this Camp America thing.

Well if you know anything about it or have any places that I should travel to if I do decide to go then just let me know. I'd be happy to learn something.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


5 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares