Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Camp America - Part 2
That's a good question Dawn "why would my parents not want me to do it?"

Well I found out last night there's a information session on tonight just down the road from my work. I thought that even though I'm not going for awhile it would be a good idea to go and find some more out about it. So I asked mum this morning and she ummed and arred and said to speak to my dad about it.

So I rang my Dad at work and told him about it and he said that it was my decision to do and he sounded okay about it. Then he starts trying to comvince me what a bad idea it would be. He said "I know you too well, Kristy, you want to go there so you can get out from under your parents covering." Obviously he doesn't know me too well because that was not the reason why I wanted to do camp America.

Than he says that I'm young and naive. I told him by the time I actually went I'd be about 21 and older. I wanted to do it in the next few years so that it happens. Because when you get older all these responsibilities come up and you run out of and time.

The he said that by wanting to go there for a trip I was saying that I wanted to go and 'live' there for the rest of my life (news to me...i'm quite happy to live the rest of my life in autralia). And he said that obviously another reason was that I'd want to meet a boy there. Well this one was news to me aswell.

So I guess I'm not going to go. I will wait until I'm married and I'll go with my husband.

I know that probably means that I will never go. Because we always talk about 'doing' these things but we never act on it. But if my Dad is going to cause this much frustration for me then I'm not going to bother. I want them to be supportive and happy for me.

The thing that bothers me is that Dad wouldn't even try to understand why I wanted to go. We had a meeting a few weeks ago and sorted a whole bunch of stuff out and there was promises on both sides for more communication and understanding and not jumping to conclusions as to 'what the other person means by this.' Well it was going well until this came up and Dad fails to listen to me when I say "I'm not going to meet a boy and I have no intention of living there. I just want to travel and see places and I am not wanting to get away from you." So i guess the new found 'understanding' between myself and my parents was just an empty promise.

It's not even the fact that Dad thinks it's a bad idea. It's the idea's that he's invented reasons as to why I want to go. And the fact that he doesn't believe me. Who would know my reason for wanting to go better then myself.

Maybe I'll go home tonight and Dad will be in a good mood and start listening to me.

I can see why dad would want me to go when I'm married, because then I'm travelling with someone and probably alot safer. And I would like to go with my future husband because why not create unforgetable memories with someone you're going to be with for the rest of your life.

Hopefully everything will work out. It was a nice idea though.
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


3 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares