Friday, March 17, 2006
Little Mousy, Little Mousy!
So one day when I was watching TV I saw something moving outside the window… Indeed it was a mouse running up the frangipani tree to get into the roof. I shuddered thinking there was a mouse around.

I told me parents about it. Then a few mornings later my brother says ‘I think the mouse was lying in the sugar bowl.’ And we were all like ‘Oh year whatever’. Sure enough the morning after that there were footprints in the sugar bowl…

Mum hates mice and the thought of a mouse in our sugar was enough to make any mother put the sugar in a plastic sealable container (We don’t have ant problems and the thought never occurred to us before that our sugar could get things running through it).

So that’s all we heard from little Mousy for a while. Then on Monday I got home from work and there on the bench was a sweet potato that looked like it’d been half eaten. Mum confirms ‘I found this in the potato basket…. I had a soft moment where I thought it was kind of cute. Thoughts of Stuart Little came to mind as I thought of a little mousy having a feast in our pantry.

Then my father buys Mouse traps. Every night this week the mouse has managed to set the traps off, without getting caught and with the little piece of bread.

This happened a few times. Last night I got home late and the commonwealth games was on. Nothing relaxes me more then watching the men’s gymnastics. Mum and Dad had gone to bed. The dishwasher was running and then it started beeping, which it normally does when it has finished a load. But it just kept beeping… here I am trying to relax while watching gymnastics…I was thinking ‘isn’t it only suppose to beep 3 times. By this point I was getting frustrated. ‘Shut up!’ I yelled to the dishwasher, thinking in some way it might just here me.

So then I got up off the couch and walked over to the kitchen and the kitchen was flooded and it was coming from the dishwasher….oh man!

So I went and got mum and she came out and pulled the plug to turn of the dishwasher from the power source and we put towel everywhere. The thought of Mum crawling around under the sink freaks me out now.

So Mum turns all the lights of and goes back to bed and leaves me sitting in the dark watching the gymnastics. Then 30 seconds later I here one of the traps go off… oh man! The trap is only 3 meters away and I pull my legs up onto the couch thinking that if the mouse did escape that one, he’d be running. So I’m sitting there on high alert and then there’s was all this loud noise. It sounded like the mouse trap thrashing around…. Then I here Mum walking back through the other lounge and as she comes closer I said ‘it’s the mouse, it’s the mouse….be careful….’ So Mum cautiously walks to the other side of the room and turns the light on… ‘It’s there.’ And I said ‘What, staring at you!’ then mum explains it’s in the trap. So I went over. “It’s quite a good size mouse.” She exclaimed.
We figure that he was the reason why the pipe came out of the dishwasher….. Whatever ‘I feel sorry for the mouse’ thoughts disappeared. I was just happy that I wouldn’t have to worry about any nasty surprises crawling over me in the night.

I awoke this morning and Mum told me ‘Dad confirmed that it was a little Rat and that it could’ve gotten a lot bigger!’. All thoughts of Stuart Little went out of my mind. Rat’s are not cute!
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


2 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares