Monday, March 27, 2006
Hip Hop concert: disappointing...
My weekend was pretty cruisie. I went to the Australian Hip Hop United concert on Saturday night.. It was okay, but I was a bit disappointed because I fully thought it was a Christian outreach thing. It was held at my old church and everything. But it turns out hardly any of the artists were Christians. The only ones that were Christians were the owners of the christian hip hop clothing range and from what I hear they only had a small say in what material was actually going to be used on the night.

One of australia’s best beat boxer's got saved a while ago and I guess I still assumed he was a Christian. Guess I was wrong, because one of his song’s was dodgy and he fully looked stoned. A lot of the songs that the MC played that were dodgy to say the least.

And one of the worlds fatestet rapper's, who I thought was saved had some colourful words that came through clearly in a few things. And the most dodgy was this dance group they had. They were really talented and great at dancing, but some of there moves were the ‘close your eyes’ type. And they had these two girls in the group. When they started out on stage they were wearing decent clothes, then the next time they jumped back onstage they were wearing these small bare mid-drift tops and then by the end they were down to their sports bras and we were all just hopping they wouldn’t leave stage again and come back on with even less.

My favourite part was Random (winners of x-factor). They’re from Brisbane, but are of salmoan culture and have great voices and harmonise so well. They were great dancers aswell. I especially liked it when they sang ballads and sang old school songs like red red wine. In one song they handed out roses to the girls. I was right at the front of the stage and missed out on a rose by like 1 person.

The rest of the night was disappointing and there were a few other things that I won’t mention. I would of thought that being in a church it would have some aspect of God. But they didn’t. One of my cousins (who works at that church) said something like ‘I know it’s dodgy, but atleast it’s getting people into the church building’. I so don’t agree. I wouldn’t want people thinking that, that’s what they allow to happen in my church and that we would be in any way associated with that kind of behaviour. Christians are suppose to be different from the world. It’s like what my Grandad preached once. He said ‘You don’t have to be like them, to get them saved.’ I also think that a lot of the Hip Hop scene (music, dance and all that) really degrades women. Especially when they think it’s okay to strip their clothes off on stage at a church and dance all ‘sexy’. And the way they refer to women in their lyrics is sick.

One of my friends, Amelia, has recently come back to God and she was involved in the whole hip-hop scene before. When she got saved she threw out all her cd’s that contained this music because it was too much temptation. On Saturday night she enjoyed Random, but the rest of it made her feel sick. I can understand where she’s coming from. For someone who’s a new Christian and is trying to get away from that stuff, it’s not good that she has it thrown back in her face at a church.

Anyway I’ve given my opinion, which is probably not shared with a majority of my old church. But I don’t care because I don’t go there anymore and I don’t have to feel pressured into thinking that everything they do is right. Although Katia’s new love interest seemed to be on the same wavelength I was. And I know Katia agreed with us, but she didn’t say too much, because I know she feels obligated to not speak negative about anything at that church.

Well I’m sorry you had to read all that. I really am happy on this fine and sunny Monday morning. God Bless and have an awesome week!
Thoughts shared by kdoll aka *~Puzzle~*


5 spoke to me... Thank you kindly!

Photobucket

Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.

I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!

Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here

Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!





Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing Listed on BlogShares