Monday, February 06, 2006
Hanging with Jesus at the Ice Cream shop
Last night I got to hang out with Jesus.Okay, so I have this really good imagination and I can often make stories up in my head and play all sorts of scenarios in my head and so I thought ‘Well tonight I’m going to hang out with Jesus!’ Yeah maybe it was my imagination, but it was also real, because I really was spending time with Jesus.So last night I decided to hang out with Jesus. So I went up to his front door and knocked. He answered the door and he said "Hey Kristy!". I said "Hi Jesus, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me today?". Jesus said, "Sure, what do you want to do?" I replied by saying "Well I was thinking maybe we could go for ice cream and them I’d like to go into your Garden". Jesus liked this idea and he said that a Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice cream would just ‘hit the spot’. So we wandered down to the ice cream shop on the corner, got our ice creams, then sat at a table outside the shop and just talked like Best friends do.Then was the most awesome part. Jesus took me into his beautiful Garden. All around me was trees and flowers. The Trees were humongous and created nice shade beneath the canopy of leaves. The flowers were so beautiful. All sorts of colours (remember the garden out of the movie ‘Secret Garden’? Well I thought that Garden was beautiful and I think Jesus Garden would be like that).Then we came to this big tree where two swings hang from one of the strong branches. So Jesus and I sat on the sings and just ‘hang out’ and talked like Best friends do. I asked Jesus questions and he answered them. Then we just sat there together.So I guess what I’m trying to say is that Jesus can be everywhere. And if Jesus is with you all the time, then this means that he’s with you when you go on thriller rides at theme parks and when you are out with your friends. He’s with you when you’re sleeping. He sits on the end of the bed. Jesus is with you all the time if you’ve accepted him into your heart as your lord and saviour. So why can’t Jesus hang out with you at the Ice Cream shop, or the movies???I see nothing wrong with just ‘Hanging out with Jesus’. That’s what best friends do right. And Best friends share conversations right??? So instead of me just talking all the time saying "Jesus help me, please forgive me, help me do this, help me do that, yadda, yadda, yadda" perhaps we could say very little and maybe let Jesus talk or you could just sit there in a comfortable silence. Sometimes I’m sure Jesus wants to say to us "Don’t worry, I forgive you, now would you just stop talking long enough for me to get a word in" or "Could we just spend time together today without all the distractions of daily life?"So this next lot of space in this post is for Jesus to speak to you. Give Jesus some space.
Name: Tey
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I am 21 and like hanging out with my fiance, family and friends. I love going to the beach.
I also would love to travel to many places. Especially the US and Europe. After the Wedding my fiance and I will save for it and reduce debt
Learn more about me here!
Who links to my website?
Want to get in touch with me?
Send it here
Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!
Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
Send it here
Want to link to my blog?
Take this button for your page!
Click on the banner to sign up for Blog Mad
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
July 2009
August 2009
October 2009
December 2009
May 2016


